Here is a beautiful spring recipe to accompany our two white Côtes-du-Rhône Grand Réserve and Viognier:
6 slices of parma ham
2 large free-range eggs
A handful of finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
600g asparagus, trimmed
For the dressing:
½ red onion, very finely chopped
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 tablespoon capers, drained
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1-2 tablespoons of liquid cream
1. Heat the grill to high heat and arrange the Parma ham on a baking sheet. Grill for 3 minutes or until crispy. Put aside.
2. Bring a small pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Cook the eggs for 8 minutes (10 minutes if the eggs are refrigerated). Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel and finely chop the eggs and put them in a bowl. Add the parsley and spring onions to the eggs and mix gently.
3. Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to a boil over medium heat and blanch the asparagus for 3-4 minutes until tender but still a little crisp. Drain and cool under cold running water, then set aside.
4. For the vinaigrette, combine the onion, vinegar, sugar, capers and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly stir in the oil and season to taste. Stir in cream, if using.
5. Arrange the asparagus on a platter, sprinkle with the egg mixture and crumble over the crispy parma ham. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve.
Bon Appetit !!!